Known for its double G logo, Gucci is an Italian fashion powerhouse selling luxury products and is among the most popular brands in the world today. The brand has made a name for itself by creating unique style pieces that consumers love, especially any Gucci bag accessory by the brand.
From classic handbags like the Gucci Jackie, Horsebit bags popular in the ’90s to newer additions like Dionysus and the Soho, Gucci’s luxury bags are sought-after by both celebrities and customers. When you hear the name Gucci it evokes a sense of class, prestige, and desirability.
If you are eying one of the brand’s iconic pieces and want to shop for one, you probably wonder how much Gucci bags cost? This article tells you how much a Gucci bag is in 2021 and why Gucci bags cost that much.
Gucci Bag: Top Curated Collection by Bagover
Gucci Shoulder Bag Price List Reference Guide
The price list we are outlining today is for reference only, and it may be subject to change. The prices will vary according to where you are shopping for your designer bag and the country. We are giving the prices in dollars.
The Gucci price list below covers the price list that’s currently as of October 2021. The list includes the latest collection of Gucci handbags, including the newest design of the Dionysus and GG Marmont handbags.
Dionysus Shoulder Bag
- Gucci GG Supreme Mini Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $1,690
- Gucci Suede Mini Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $830
- Gucci Dionysus super mini bag – $980
- Gucci Blooms Print GG Supreme Mini
- Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $790
- Gucci Ayers Medium Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $2,490
- Gucci Python Medium Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $4,500
- Gucci Blooms Print Medium Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $2,650
- Gucci Suede Medium Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $2,490
- Gucci GG Supreme Medium Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $2,490
- Gucci Blooms Print GG Supreme Medium Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $2,650
- Gucci Suede Small Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $2,790
- Gucci Blooms Print Small Dionysus Shoulder Bag- $2,490
- Gucci Blooms Print GG Supreme Small Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $2,490
- Gucci GG Supreme Dionysus Small Shoulder Bag – $2,550.
- Gucci Metallic Python Mini Dionysus Shoulder Bag – $2,790
- Gucci Straw Large Top Handle Tote Bag – $1,290
Gucci Shoulder Bags
- Gucci Web Wicker Small Shoulder Bag – $2,490
- Gucci Suede Ophidia Medium Top Handle Bag – $2,350
- Gucci GG Velvet Sylvie Mini Top Handle Bag – $2,350
- Gucci Sylvie Stripe Canvas Large Tote Bag – $1,890
- Gucci Guccy Print Mini Shoulder Bag – $1,790
- Gucci Matelassé GG Marmont Large Tote Bag – $2,980
- Gucci Stripe Medium Double Shoulder Bag – $2,890
- Gucci Python RE(BELLE) Small Shoulder Bag – $2,750
- Gucci Suede Ophidia Medium Top Handle Tote Bag – $2,150
- Gucci Suede RE (BELLE) Medium Top Handle Tote Bag – $2,600
- Gucci Rubber Logo Top Handle Tote Bag – $980
- Gucci Leather Medium Top Handle Bag – $3,980
- GG Marmont Flap Bags
- Gucci Matelasse GG Marmont Medium Flap Bag – $2,590
- Gucci Velvet Chevron GG Marmont Small Flap Bag – $1,590
- Gucci Velvet Chevron GG Medium Flap Bag – $1,980
- Gucci Shiny Leather GG Marmont Medium Bag – $2,600
- Gucci Chevron Velvet GG Marmont Mini Flap Bag – $1,590
- Gucci Matelasse GG Marmont Small Flap Bag – $1,290
- Gucci Matelasse GG Marmont Mini Flap Bag – $1,890
Gucci Leather GG Marmont Small Bag – $1,290
What are the current prices of Gucci Handbags?
Are Gucci bags expensive?
Yes, Gucci bags can cost a lot, and if you are planning on buying one, be ready to pay a considerable amount for it. But there’s a good reason why Gucci bags are priced so high. The craftsmanship, quality materials, and production cost of making each Gucci bag are not cheap.
Not everybody can afford a Gucci bag, which shows the brand has a level of sophistication, status, and prestige. The most expensive Gucci bag is the Gucci Jackie shoulder bag that costs around $37,500. They also have a Gucci belt priced at $250,000.
If Gucci bags were not priced as much, the usual clientele who love the brand would stop buying because of the lack of exclusivity. From belts to clothing and handbags, any item with the GG sign shows the owner has deep pockets, style, and demands the best.
Why are Gucci handbags so expensive?
The history of the brand
Gucci Guccio’s interest in making bags started at the Savoy hotel in 1921, making Gucci among the oldest fashion designer brands. He went on to create one of the largest luxury item empires. Same as most fashion houses, they started with creating luggage boxes for the elite in society.
Even after the death of Gucci, his sons took over and continued creating unique items that have become the brand’s signature. Gucci also had some outstanding creative directors with experience who continued to draw inspiration from older designs and introduced new designs throughout the decades. The rich, vibrant history of the brand contributes to their prices.
Gucci uses the best raw materials to create their unique pieces. When Guccio first formed the company, he focused on using Italian leather, one of the best in the world. After being faced with shortages of leather and failing to get Italian leather, they used alternative raw materials, such as canvas which was a success.
Even today, the brand’s craftsmanship and use of top-quality materials explain their price points.
Many of the brand’s classic pieces have come around due to the brand’s relationship with celebrities. The famous Gucci Jackie bags from the ’90s got their name from Jackie Kennedy because she wore the Jackie Gucci bag a lot.
Other celebrities worldwide have been featured with some of its collection on their arms like Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Kylie Jenna, Blake Lively, no wonder the top tier price tags.
Compared to other luxury brands such as Chanel, Gucci’s starting prices are relatively low. The luxury brand wishes to serve more customers and target even millennial customers who are keen on fashion. Some of the bags are below $2000, so the brand attracts loyalty from all age groups.